The Rosemary Bishop Indigenous Education Scholarship Program
Since 2005, Yalari has been providing Indigenous children from regional rural and remote communities across Australia the opportunity to receive a full boarding school scholarship for their entire secondary education.
All Yalari students are recipients of the Rosemary Bishop Indigenous Education Scholarship. Yalari’s Founding Director, Waverley Stanley named the secondary scholarship program in honour of his teacher who had supported him in gaining a scholarship opportunity to attend Toowoomba Grammar School in Queensland.
Each year, Yalari offers up to 50 full boarding school scholarships. Scholarships are reviewed annually and, all being well, continues for a student’s entire secondary school education.
To be eligible for a Rosemary Bishop Indigenous Education Scholarship, the applicant must be an Indigenous child from a regional, rural or remote community in Australia who is entering Year 7 in 2019. If you are unsure if you meet the criteria, please contact our Student Support Administrator, Kylie Bennett on (07) 5665 8688.
The selection of our scholars is based on:
- Academic effort and school references
- Primary school attendance rates
- Participation in leadership, sport and extracurricular activities at school and in their communities
- Family support to attend boarding school
- Performance in interviews with Yalari staff and school staff
- Drive and commitment to complete schooling to Year 12.
Learn more – Scholarship Q&A
You can view and download the scholarship application pack below.