Do you believe that a good education makes a difference?
Do you believe that boarding school can be the answer?
Do you like working with young people?
Would you like to work for an organisation that since 2005 has driven meaningful social change by providing secondary boarding school scholarships at leading Australia boarding schools for Indigenous children from regional, rural and remote communities around Australia?
You will be joining an organisation where the rewards are personal, direct and measurable.
Yalari is seeking a Student Support Officer, on a permanent part time basis for 8 hours per week to work with our female scholarship students at a partner school for girls in Melbourne.
The Key Selection Criteria for the role are:
- Demonstrated experience in working with young people, particularly Indigenous young people
- Demonstrated experience in dealing with challenging situations with young people
- Computer literacy – MS Office Suite and Databases
- Ability to work autonomously as well as part of a remote team
- Ability to communicate broadly with a diverse group of people
- Self-motivated with a positive ‘can do’ attitude
- Proven experience in maintaining case management files and case notes
- Knowledge and experience of the independent school system
- Experience working with Indigenous people and an empathy for Indigenous concerns.
- Proven communication, collaboration and negotiation skills
- Diploma level qualification in Community Services, Teaching, Teaching Support or other relevant areas
The majority of work hours for this role are outside of classroom hours.
To learn more about Yalari visit our website www.yalari.org.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Applications will be closed as soon as suitable candidates are identified.
Please submit your cover letter addressing the above areas, along with your current resume via the following Seek link: