Each volunteer plays a vital role in Yalari providing quality and trusted educational opportunities and support for our students. The contribution of Yalari’s volunteers is invaluable. We would not be able to achieve our aims without their involvement. We currently have 231 active volunteers who contribute over 7,000 hours per year.
Volunteering roles range from long term commitments to one off events or projects. Opportunities include:
- Assisting with the operation and coordination of our fundraising dinners
- Tutoring the Yalari students
- Transportation of students
- Administration, particularly in our Head Office
- Sourcing donations for auction prizes at our dinners
- Assisting at camps or the biennial Cherbourg Commemorative Walk
- Project Work
Volunteering at Yalari will provide you with a meaningful way to make a difference – for our students and for you. Volunteering allows you to:
- connect with others who share your passion for helping Indigenous students through education,
- increase you mental and physical well-being,
- build new friendships,
- expand your skills and experience,
- share your valuable work and life experience with others,
- fill in newly found time for the recently retired,
- gain valuable job experience,
“My volunteering experience at Yalari was not only beneficial in gaining practical knowledge to assist my University studies, but also felt very fulfilling in supporting the work that they do. I would eagerly recommend it to any student looking to improve their job prospects whilst supporting a meaningful cause”. – Josh Volling
Ready to get started?!
Please complete the enquiry form below and we will be in touch with your shortly!